loader image
Bateman Group Logo
Bateman Group Logo

Commercial Landlord Insurance

    We are unique in that we have several exclusive facilities from certain carriers, which enables us to offer an in-depth “one stop” service regarding commercial landlords insurance.

    Why choose us for your Commercial Landlord Insurance

    This market has become incredibly complex over recent years with changes in legislation and responsibilities, and our experienced team fully understands the intricacies of modern leasing arrangements, property sale and maintenance contracts.

    Our team have been highly trained in this field and can offer specialist advice concerning these complex areas, as well as having access to other professional advisers to assist you in, to ensure that you have the most appropriate cover for the most competitive premium. You can’t afford not to seek “best advice” in such a competitive and complicated market – so let us help you!

    Helping the UK with Commercial Landlord Insurance since 1967

    Why The Bateman Group?

    • Established since 1967
    • Personal service – nominated point of contact
    • Annual reviews
    • 100% independent consultants with access to whole of market
    • Capacity & experience to place non-standard/specialised risks
    • Experienced ‘in-house’ support team
    • Swift issue of policy documentation
    • Rapid claims handling
    • 3,000 clients across the UK

    The Benefits To You:

    • Nominated underwriting contact points
    • Dedicated “New Business” and “Renewal” teams
    • Swift & exclusive quotations
    • Access to specialist advisors
    • Risk management services
    • Immediate policy & documentation issue
    • Rapid claims handling service
    • Independent claims assessor (if required)
    We have invested a significant amount of resource in our systems and staff, and are confident that we are able to offer you a very strong package of services.

    Commercial Landlord InsuranceFAQs

    What is Commercial Landlord Insurance?

    Our Commercial Landlord Insurance is a package for landlords who rent out third-party business premises. The package contains everything required to be fully protected as a commercial landlord, including cover such as buildings, contents, and property owners’ liability insurance, plus many other areas of protection.

    Why do I need Commercial Landlord Insurance?

    Making sure that you are fully covered in all risk areas is our highest priority for your business. We package everything you require in one simple premium, so you can rest assured that we have assessed all areas there could be a potential claim, so you are covered in any unfortunate circumstances.

    What does Commercial Landlord Insurance cover?

    Our Commercial Landlord Insurance covers many areas of risk such as damage in a fire or flood which could pay for repairs and rebuild, landlords liability insurance in case of any accidents, as the smallest ones can cause the biggest claims, and business interruption to keep your commercial tenants’ business running after any unfortunate incidents, plus many other areas of protection.

    Our expert insurance advisors will assess your needs and put together the best Commercial Landlords Insurance package for you to ensure the most comprehensive protection that you require. We aim to source the best cover for you at the lowest price from our panel of insurers.

    How does Commercial Landlord Insurance work?

    The Commercial Landlord Insurance package is a selection of covers that you would require to protect yourself and your commercial property against any risks, as well as protection for your commercial tenants.

    The way in which we work out the best Commercial Landlord Insurance package for you, is we take the time to fully understand your requirements, if you have multiple commercial properties or if this is your first venture, along with the uniqueness of the way you work and how everything is set up.

    We go into detail to determine the level of risk that is probable on a daily basis, so we can then build the right bespoke insurance package that would protect you, your properties, and tenants in any of those unfortunate circumstances.

    What if I have had claims in the past?

    When a quote is put together for Commercial Landlord Insurance, we asses your activity on an individual basis depending on a number of factors. If you have had claims in the past, we are still able to provide insurance for you, once we establish the whole picture of the risks involved for you as a commercial landlord.

    Setting in place risk preventative measures and procedures can dramatically reduce the chances of the claimed risk happening again. These efforts can also help increase the number of insurers that we are able to approach to provide you with the most comprehensive and lowest priced Commercial Landlord Insurance package in your current state of risk and previous claims.

    Is it required to have ‘Employers’ Liability Insurance’ if I employ staff?

    If you employ any staff to help with managing your properties, such as full-time, part-time, labour-only subcontractors, or even volunteers, then it is a legal requirement for your business to have employers’ liability insurance as part of your Commercial Landlord Insurance package. This certificate of insurance should also be prominently visible or at least accessible electronically to all employees within your company.

    What’s the difference between Buildings and Contents Insurance?

    Buildings insurance is part of the permanent structure of the building such as the roofs, floor, walls, and contents are the items inside that could be moved to another property. Contents would include things like furniture, freestanding appliances, and electronics. Although this can seem very straightforward, depending on your policy wordings items like carpets would be covered under contents insurance, whereas tiles, for example, would be covered under buildings insurance, and even fixtures and fittings such as the bathroom and kitchen would also be covered under buildings insurance.

    What does Accidental Damage Insurance cover?

    Accidental Damage Insurance is part of your Commercial Landlords Insurance package, and it covers you against any one-off accidents that have caused damage to your property or contents. This can be things such as a spill on the carpet that would pay for the replacement, or if damage was caused to the wall or nearby items while putting up the shelves, for example, that would pay for the cost of repair.

    How can I correctly value my building?

    The value of your buildings sum insured is calculated based on the cost of how much it would take to rebuild the property to you, rather than today’s market value. This would include the labour and the materials, especially if you are able to source the required work at a reduced cost. Don’t forget to take into account other areas such as design costs, legal fees, professional advice, planning, site clearance and removal expenses.

    We are not professional valuers and do not offer that service. We would always recommend that you obtain a professional valuation on a regular basis to ensure that the sums insured are correct, up to date and in line with market conditions to avoid any risk of “under-insurance” in the event of a claim, which could affect the outcome of any payment.

    If you are in any doubt regarding the value of your home or possessions, then always seek the advice of an experienced and qualified professional – and if any changes are subsequently required, then contact your insurance broker and/or provider to ensure that the levels of cover are accurate and appropriate.

    Do you provide Commercial Landlord Insurance in monthly instalments?

    We are able to provide most types of Commercial Landlord Insurance packages in monthly instalments. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with one of our insurance experts who will be able to advise on the best solution to ensure the full protection to you as a commercial landlord. Please start an online quote at the top of the page or call us on 01926 495 113.