loader image
Bateman Group Logo
Bateman Group Logo

UK Holiday Home Insurance

    Our UK Holiday Home insurance product is for anyone who owns a holiday house in the UK and uses it as a second home for your own use or as a holiday let.

    Why choose us for your UK Holiday Home Insurance

    Comprehensive cover available – added value benefits.
    Our UK Holiday Home Insurance offers you immediate ONLINE access to a panel of insurers providing full protection throughout the year.

    Helping the UK with UK Holiday Home Insurance since 1967

    Why The Bateman Group?

    • Established since 1967
    • Personal service – nominated point of contact
    • Annual reviews
    • 100% independent consultants with access to whole of market
    • Capacity & experience to place non-standard/specialised risks
    • Experienced ‘in-house’ support team
    • Swift issue of policy documentation
    • Rapid claims handling
    • 3,000 clients across the UK


    • Most risk types acceptable including single flats and contents only
    • Full cover for unoccupied holiday homes (subject to conditions*)
    • Subsidence cover as standard (for year build after 1799)
    • Loss of rent cover (up to 20% of the buildings sum insured) as standard
    • Malicious Damage cover as standard
    • Low excesses (£100 for occupied properties excluding subsidence, unoccupied excess – £250)
    • A range of voluntary excesses to reduce premiums even further
    • Accidental damage cover to sanitary ware and fixed glass as standard
    • £5,000 cover for contents of common areas
    • Up to 20% discount if claim free for 3 years
    • Cover for permanently installed swimming pools, fixed jacuzzis, hot tubs and spas, tennis courts, drives, patios and terraces, walls, gates and fences and fixed fuel tanks under the buildings section of the policy
    • Frost damage to fixed water tanks, apparatus or pipes
    • Replacement of locks following theft or loss of keys up to £750
    • Property owners liability insurance up to £5,000,000
    • Cover for domestic staff (e.g. cleaning or gardening staff) up to £5,000,000
    *Cover for unoccupied periods – Full standard perils apply subject to the water being turned off at the mains and all tanks and pipes being drained, OR the central heating systems being in continuous operation to maintain a minimum temperature of 50 degrees Fahrenheit/15 degrees Celsius at all times, the property being secured

    UK Holiday Home InsuranceFAQs

    What is UK Holiday Home Insurance?

    Our UK Holiday Home Insurance is a package built specifically for domestic UK holiday properties to provide cover for day-to-day risks that come with owning and spending time in your UK holiday home. The package contains everything required to be fully protected as a UK holiday homeowner, including cover such as buildings and contents, plus many other areas of protection.

    We also provide bespoke high-value UK Holiday Home insurance to suit your requirements at the lowest possible cost but with the highest level of comprehensive cover for your peace of mind.

    Why do I need UK Holiday Home Insurance?

    Making sure that you are fully covered in all risk areas is our highest priority for you. We package everything you require in one simple premium, so you can rest assured that we have assessed all areas there could be a potential claim, so you are covered in any unfortunate circumstances.

    What does UK Holiday Home Insurance cover?

    Our UK Holiday Home Insurance covers many areas of risk such as damage in a fire or flood which could pay for repairs and rebuild, contents insurance in case of any accidents, as the smallest ones can cause the biggest claims, plus many other areas of protection.

    Our expert insurance advisors will assess your needs and put together the best UK Holiday Home Insurance package for you to ensure the most comprehensive protection that you require. We aim to source the best cover for you at the lowest price from our panel of insurers.

    How does UK Holiday Home Insurance work?

    The UK Holiday Home Insurance package is a selection of covers that you would require to protect your UK holiday home and possessions against the risks it faces on a daily basis.

    The way in which we work out the best UK Holiday Home Insurance package for you, is we take the time to fully understand your requirements, along with an analysis of your location, previous risks such as floods in the area, property structure and many other areas that our insurance experts are trained to provide you with the best cover.

    We go into detail to determine the level of risk that is probable on a daily basis, so we can then build the right bespoke insurance package that would protect your UK holiday home and your possessions in any of those unfortunate circumstances.

    What if I have had claims in the past?

    When a quote is put together for UK Holiday Home Insurance, we asses your situation on an individual basis depending on a number of factors. If you have had claims in the past, we are still able to provide insurance for you, once we establish the whole picture of the risks involved for you as a UK holiday homeowner.

    Setting in place risk preventative measures and procedures can dramatically reduce the chances of the claimed risk happening again, such as improved security systems and the latest fire alarms. These efforts can also help increase the number of insurers that we are able to approach to provide you with the most comprehensive and lowest priced UK Holiday Home Insurance package in your current state of risk and previous claims.

    What does Accidental Damage Insurance cover?

    Accidental Damage Insurance can be made part of your UK Holiday Home Insurance package, and it covers you against any one-off accidents that have caused damage to your property or contents. This can be things such as a spill on the carpet that would pay for the replacement, or if damage was caused to the wall or nearby items while putting up the shelves, for example, that would pay for the cost of repair.

    Is it a legal requirement to have Buildings Insurance?

    It’s not a legal requirement to have Buildings Insurance, however, if you are looking to get a mortgage for the property then this may be one of their requirements, as well if you have a leasehold arrangement. Although it’s not a legal requirement, it is highly advisable as damage to the property could be very costly to repair and could cause serious financial problems to get everything back to normal. That’s why having the right UK Holiday Home insurance with the correct inclusive buildings cover will help you get everything back on track if anything unfortunate was to happen.

    Can you cover high-value contents?

    Yes, we are able to provide this cover as part of your UK Holiday Home Insurance package. Insurers will be looking at the type of high-value items you possess, the value, your location, any security measures you have in place to prevent any unfortunate circumstances. These are some of the factors that can fluctuate the premium to protect you against these kinds of claims.

    How can I correctly value my building?

    The value of your buildings sum insured is calculated based on the cost of how much it would take to rebuild the property to you, rather than today’s market value. This would include the labour and the materials, especially if you are able to source the required work at a reduced cost. Don’t forget to take into account other areas such as design costs, legal fees, professional advice, planning, site clearance and removal expenses.

    Do you provide UK Holiday Home Insurance in monthly instalments?

    We are able to provide most types of UK Holiday Home Insurance packages in monthly instalments. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with one of our insurance experts who will be able to advise on the best solution to ensure the full protection of your UK holiday home and possessions. Please start an online quote at the top of the page or call us on 01926 495 113.