loader image
Bateman Group Logo
Bateman Group Logo

Office & Retail Insurance

    Office and retails insurance is essential for keeping your business protected against its everyday duties.

    Why choose us for your Office & Retail Insurance

    The insurance can cover a wide range of business types to solicitors to farm shops and even online retailers that sell on eBay. It also includes your legal requirement to provide liability cover towards your staff and the members of the public.

    The packages that we offer mainly contain full cover to protect you against any unforeseen circumstances happening. These include cover such as employers liability cover and also public liability cover, they also cover any financial loss or interruption to your business through a fire or flood which helps you keep afloat. Cover can also include for buildings and your general business contents as well as stock in trade and any cash that you might hold and take to the bank whilst not in a safe.

    Over aspects of cover can include things like fidelity cover this would cover you against any wrong or misdoings from a disgruntled employee like theft or misrepresentation of your business. We can also cover things like shop glass so any specialist windows you have had installed which have been hand painted and designed also neon signs.

    We also can provide cover for a wide variety of trades this includes people like salon owners including treatments accept some surgical, tattooists for office trades we can offer cover for solicitors, estate agents and it consultants and more and even look at non-standard construction office units and shops.

    Helping the UK with Office & Retail Insurance since 1967

    Why The Bateman Group?

    • Established since 1967
    • Personal service – nominated point of contact
    • Annual reviews
    • 100% independent consultants with access to whole of market
    • Capacity & experience to place non-standard/specialised risks
    • Experienced ‘in-house’ support team
    • Swift issue of policy documentation
    • Rapid claims handling
    • 3,000 clients across the UK

    Benefits of cover include:

    • Building and contents cover (including trace and access costs any architect and surveyors fees)
    • Business money (standard cover for up to £5,000)
    • Personal accident (assault) cover
    • Goods and office contents in transit
    • Business interruption (cover for up to 36 months)
    • Computer equipment breakdown (cover for up to £5 Million for any one incident)
    • Loss of licence cover (up to £100,000 worth)
    • Computer hacker cover

    Optional cover available:

    • Cover for treatments this includes things like ear piercing and solaria & sunbeds
    • Cover for working away such as any installation work being carried out
    • Theft by employees (up to £5,000 per employee)
    • Legal expenses cover (up to £100,000 worth of defence costs)

    Office & Retail InsuranceFAQs

    What is Office & Retail Insurance?

    Office & Retail Insurance is a package for your business that would cover various areas of liability, such as employers, building, legal and many more all in one simple premium. Please get in touch with us to discuss all areas of cover and your options in full, or simply complete our online quote form.

    Why do I need Office & Retail Insurance?

    Making sure that you are fully covered in all risk areas is our highest priority for your business. We package everything you require in one simple premium, so you can rest assured that we have assessed all areas there could be a potential claim, so you are covered in any unfortunate circumstances.

    What does Office & Retail Insurance cover?

    Our Office & Retail Insurance package covers a range of liability and business insurance, such as public and product liability, business interruption, fire & theft, legal expenses, directors & officers, computers, stock, and many more which we will confirm on your quotation.

    How does Office & Retail Insurance work?

    The Office & Retail Insurance package is a selection of covers that your business would require to be fully protected in case of any risks that become claims which your company confronts on a daily basis. The way in which we work out the best Office & Retail Insurance package for you, is we take the time to understand the uniqueness of your business and risks it regularly faces, so we can then build the right bespoke insurance package that would protect you in any of those unfortunate circumstances.

    What if my business has had claims in the past?

    When a quote is put together for Office & Retail Insurance, we asses your company on an individual basis depending on a number of factors. If you have had claims in the past, we are still able to provide insurance for you, once we establish the whole picture of the risks involved within your business.

    Setting in place risk preventative measures and procedures can dramatically reduce the chances of the claimed risk happening again. These efforts can also help increase the number of insurers that we are able to approach to provide you with the most comprehensive and lowest priced Office & Retail Insurance package in your current state of business risk and previous claims.

    Is it required for my company to have ‘Employers’ Liability Insurance’ if I employ staff?

    If your company employs any staff, such as full-time, part-time, labour-only subcontractors, or even volunteers, then it is a legal requirement for your business to have employers’ liability insurance as part of your Office & Retail Insurance package. This certificate of insurance should also be prominently visible or at least accessible electronically to all employees within your company.

    Can you cover high-value contents and stock?

    Yes, we are able to provide this cover as part of your Office & Retail Insurance package. Insurers will be looking at the type of stock you hold, the value, your business location, any security measures you have in place to prevent any unfortunate circumstances. These are some of the factors that can fluctuate the premium to protect you against these kinds of claims.

    How can I correctly value my contents & stock?

    Regarding general contents, this would equal today’s market value of the items. For stock, this would be calculated on the replacement value to you as the business. This would depend on where you are in the supply chain and various other factors that enable your company to purchase the insured goods at your current rate.

    How can I correctly value my building?

    The value of your buildings sum insured is calculated based on the cost of how much it would take to rebuild the property to you as the business, rather than today’s market value. This would include the labour and the materials, especially if you are able to source the required work at a reduced cost. Don’t forget to take into account other areas such as design costs, legal fees, professional advice, planning, site clearance and removal expenses.

    We are not professional valuers and do not offer that service. We would always recommend that you obtain a professional valuation on a regular basis to ensure that the sums insured are correct, up to date and in line with market conditions to avoid any risk of “under-insurance” in the event of a claim, which could affect the outcome of any payment.

    If you are in any doubt regarding the value of your home or possessions, then always seek the advice of an experienced and qualified professional – and if any changes are subsequently required, then contact your insurance broker and/or provider to ensure that the levels of cover are accurate and appropriate.

    Do you provide Office & Retail Insurance in monthly instalments?

    We are able to provide most types of Office & Retail Insurance packages in monthly instalments. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with one of our insurance experts who will be able to advise on the best solution to ensure the full protection of your business. Please start an online quote at the top of the page or call us on 01926 495 113.