loader image
Bateman Group Logo
Bateman Group Logo

What type of insurance do you need for your new cafe?

Launching a new business is exciting, but before you rush into opening your new café you'll need to have the right insurance in place.

    Launching a new business is exciting, but before you rush into opening your new café you’ll need to have the right insurance in place.

    Why do you need insurance for your new café?

    When you start any business, you’ll need to protect your investment. Insurance for cafés and restaurants will protect you from risks that can harm your business, or stop it from making money. You’ll also need the right insurance in place to protect your staff members and the visiting public in the unfortunate event of an accident.

    What types of Insurance do you need?

    • Business Interruption Insurance – This will cover you if you are forced to close your café for a few days or weeks. It will cover you for any money lost during the time it takes to get back up and running.
    • Buildings insurance – if you own the building you will need to make sure it is insured to cover the costs of repairing any damage to it, even rebuilding it if the damage is considerable. If you rent the building then your landlord should have their own buildings cover in place.
    • Contents insurance – Whether you own the building or not, you’ll still need to protect the contents inside it. From coffee machines and cooking equipment, to stock and seating – everything inside is essential to your business. Contents insurance will cover the cost of replacing items if they are damaged or stolen.
    • Employer’s liability insurance – Do you have employees working in your café? You’ll need employer’s liability insurance to cover you in case one of your employees becomes injured or ill as a result of working for you.
    • Public Liability Insurance – This protects you if a member of the public is injured on your premises or their property is damaged. It will cover the cost of compensating them and any court costs if the matter escalates.

    How to find the right insurance provider for your café

    Before you open your café, having the right insurance in place should be a priority. At The Bateman Group we can find the right provider for you and quickly secure an insurance policy. We’ll make sure everything is in place before the opening of your new café. Talk to our business insurance experts now by calling 01926 495 113 or use our contact form.

    Recent Articles